Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Steps

Welcome!
My name is Jim Bailey and I’m on the Wenatchee (Washington) City Council.
This is my first journey into the blogosphere. I suppose I should have started a blog when I first went on the council a year and a half ago. But I am not a techie who is interfaced with the entire universe with a dozen high tech toys and spends hours a day typing or texting (that I do not do). I have a computer and a cell phone and that’s it. I’d rather read a good book, actually talk to a real person, or be hiking in the beautiful hills behind the city, enjoying nature in all its wonder.

So, doing a regular blog is going to be a stretch perhaps. But, I hope it can be a forum for you and I to exchange ideas. Since going on the council it has been frustrating at times to not have more citizen input.

And, as of this morning, I am officially running for election for a full four year term. In the weeks to come I will share my thinking about our community and the issues that face us. I want to also share my reflections about my role as a city council member. I welcome your thoughts and response to what I write. I’ll keep you posted on my campaign but I promise I WILL NOT use this forum to ask for campaign contributions. If you have items that you would like me to respond to as your representative to the council e-mail me at jmbailey@wenatcheewa.gov

Well, I guess that’s it for now. This thing will evolve over time and I hope will be a useful tool for better government. I will post something more substantive by weeks end.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the 21st century, Jim. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing citizen comments and concerns. This is a great idea for engaging the public more in the political process.

    Michele Mihalovich
    reporter
    The Wenatchee World

    ReplyDelete